During Week 1, Term 2, Year 7 Clancy students took part in a Transition Survey to allow the College to gain a greater understanding of how students have settled in at Clancy. A large pool of data was generated with some very positive outcomes. Most notable finds are listed below:
– 100% of students found their Pastoral Class and Pastoral Teacher to be of great value and support during their transition phase.
– 100% of students indicated they are now ‘well-settled’ (Term 2).
– 98% of students found the College Diary to been an effective organisational and transitional tool.
– Peer Support was given very positive feedback as a successful program in assisting the year group in making them feel welcomed.
– A large portion of student expressed that they believe “Clancy should continued doing what they are doing as they have provided us with much support and made us feel very welcomed” (Clancy student).
I’d like to thank all teachers and students who have welcomed Year 7 into the College community. In particular a special thanks goes to all Year 7 Pastoral Care teachers and to Mrs Palumbo and Mr Liceralde for their leadership around the Peer Support Program for 2015.
If you feel that your child is struggling in any way please contact the College so we can assist them in feeling comfortable and welcome.